Transcribathon.eu, the crowdsourcing platform for transcription of documents on Europeana.eu
The idea behind Transcribathon.eu is to enrich digitised historical material, allowing the contents to be read, searched and used. By enriching and improving the transcribers are competing with each other.
Transcribathon.eu was developed from 2018 to 2020 in the EnrichEuropeana project. Further improvement is in the making in the EnrichEuropeana+ project which started in 2021, and combines human expertise with artificial intelligence to make historical documents from the 19th century accessible.
The project partner are:
- Austrian Institute of Technology – Austria
- Stichting Europeana – Netherland
- Facts & Files
- Instytut Chemii Bioorganicznej Polskiej Akademii Nauk – Poland
- Read-Coop SCE – Austria
- The Provost, Fellows, Foundation Scholars and the other members of Board, of the College of the Holy and Undivided Trinity of Queen Elizabeth near Dublin – Ireland
- Dublin City Council – Ireland
- Uniwersytet Wrocławski – Poland
- State Archives in Zagreb – Croatia