Internship at Facts & Files
We are offering internships over a period of three months.
During your internship at Facts & Files, you will be involved in our current projects, get to know the diverse work of historians in a history agency and become familiar with various research strategies, publication forms and software applications. Depending on the internship period, we can provide you with further information about the specific projects.
General Scope of Duties:
- Research of literature and archival material (documents, images, films) as well as the clarification of licenses for public use
- Support in planning crowdsourcing projects and events in the field of Citizen Science
- Support for the development of a crowdsourcing platform for the transcription of historical documents (beta.transcribathon.eu)
- Digitization of historical documents and images
- Maintenance of archive databases
- Study of history, cultural studies and related subjects, such as public history, or study of archive and information sciences, communication design or digital humanities (at least three bachelor’s semesters)
- Very good knowledge of the German and/or English language
- Very good PC skills, especially Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint
- Interest in archival research, the development of databases and the (digital) communication of historical content to the public
- Knowledge of graphic design, software programming, content management systems (CMS) and the literature management program Citavi are desirable
- A modest allowance will be paid for the internship. If possible, the internship should be undertaken full-time. Unfortunately, a voluntary internship after completing your studies is not possible.
If you are interested, please send us a written application (letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, matriculation certificate and, if applicable, certifications and recommendation letters) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org